Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Commentary: The Row, Fall 2011 Collection

I am both fascinated and creeped out by Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen. I have been for as long as I can remember. A friend and I were even going to dress as them for Halloween one year, but neither of us wanted to be Mary Kate so that never panned out.

I never really understood the fuss about their luxury line, The Row. I just didn't see the appeal of $300 t-shirts and leather leggings. But the Fall 2011 collection takes wardrobe staples to a whole new level. The collection is stunning, the pieces are sophisticated, streamlined and elegant. The fabrics look just exquisite, and that, according to Mary Kate, is what makes The Row so successful. She says "It's about the fabrics, the fit, and how the clothes feel on the body." And based on the reviews, it sounds like they've hit the nail right on the head. Below are some of my favorites from the collection. Obviously, I can't see myself wearing an oversized fur hat anytime soon, but touches like that just add to the runway drama.


Although I routinely question their personal wardrobe choices, it looks like Mary Kate and Ashley may actually know what they are doing. And after reading this feature about them in Vogue, I have a new found respect for them.

photos
courtesy of The Row

1 comments:

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

And Audrey Hepburn makes yet another come back! Love this style!!

Post a Comment