Thursday, June 23, 2011

Is Zapfino the New Papyrus?

In terms of how much rage it gives me? Yes. I didn't always feel this way, in fact when I first saw Zapfino I actually found it to be quite interesting. But then it happened, everywhere I looked there it was. The world was vomiting Zapfino. 

It seems as though anyone that wants to add class, style or fanciness to their print materials thinks Zapfino is the only way to do it. People, there are other graceful, lovely fonts out there, use them! Using Zapfino just makes you look like an amateur. Not only does it make me want to poke my eyes out, it makes me want to not eat your food, buy your products or attend your wedding. Now don't get me wrong, my disdain for Papyrus is still going strong, but Zapfino sure is catching up fast. So people of the world I beg you, please put me out of my misery and retire Zapfino and for that matter Papyrus too. I promise, you'll thank me someday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment