Wednesday, December 21, 2011

In Search of Holiday Sparkle

I had been looking for a new way to add some sparkle to my holiday outfits and thus my search for sequin shorts began. After searching for what seemed like ages, I found three contenders. They are (from left to right) Jessica Simpson's Antoinette Sequin Shorts, Old Navy's Metallic-Jacquard Shorts and BB Dakota's Alba Matte Sequin Shorts.

Now I realize that the Old Navy version aren't sequined, but they do have a nice gold brocade print that I think has serious potential. On to the reviews.

BB Dakota Alba Matte Sequin Shorts - Size XS
I knew it wasn't a good sign when the first thing said about my new shorts was, "those look like sequin gym shorts." But I have to agree. I knew as soon as I received these that they were going to be huge on me. They run very large in the waist and were definitely too long as well. It's too bad because I really loved this color. Verdict: Passed

Old Navy Metallic-Jacquard Shorts - Size 0
Again, before I even put these on, I knew they would be huge. Old Navy tends to run large in general, but after reading the online reviews of these shorts, I was hoping these would fit true to size. As you can see they didn't at all. They are large in the waist, hips and thighs. They also seem to balloon out at the bottom. Verdict: Passed

Jessica Simpson Antoinette Shorts - Size XS
Surprisingly, these shorts fit perfectly everywhere and I really love the gold color for the holiday season. They do seem a bit short, but I think adding some tights will solve that problem. Verdict: Kept and wore to my work holiday party. See the complete outfit here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment